PDA

View Full Version : Adding bleach- dumb question

JMCFAN
04-18-2006, 06:49 PM
I now have my solar cover on and am afraid of damaging it with high concentrations of bleach when adding.... is it ok to pour in the skimmer?

waste
04-18-2006, 07:42 PM
I now have my solar cover on and am afraid of damaging it with high concentrations of bleach when adding.... is it ok to pour in the skimmer?
J, I'm not a big fan of pouring chems into the skimmer - exceptions: water and DE (if applicable), I don't 'feel right' about putting a 'plug' (high concentration) of anything else through the system - it's a gut feeling, not backed up by pages worth of horror stories, quite a number of well known and respected members here dump almost everything down the skimmer. I also feel that you get better, and quicker, mixing by broadcasting 'dry' chems and 'perimeter dumping' the liquids. (ALWAYS!!! pre dissolve powdered chlorine before adding it to a liner pool!!!)
With that said, the chlorine would probably shorten the life of your solar cover so, if removing the cover is not a viable option, add it slowly to the skimmer.

Hope you have a great and hastle-free pool season! :)

BTW - the only 'dumb question' is the one unasked ;)

Watermom
04-19-2006, 01:55 PM
I usually add bleach through the skimmer. It disperses quickly through the return jet. Never has been a problem for me.

Watermom