PDA

View Full Version : Pipe Leaking

robsp
09-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Hi All,

Any help is appreciated.

I noticed my pool was losing water. first it was the multi-valve gasket and then I found a puddle of water next to the pool near a return pipe to my pool (eyeball return). I dug down and found the pipe and I can see crack in the pipe (actually it is a 45 degree elbow where it turns to return to the pool).
However, I can not get the water to stop flowing into the pipe, I have replaced the eyeball with a winter plug and cutoff the pump and closed the return pipe to the pool at the polaris pump. Still water.

Do I need to get a winter plug and put it in the skimmers also? I would think that would be a different pipe.

here are some pics..if they help. 573

Sweet
09-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Hi Rob,

Could the water be coming from another return jet or maybe being siphoned from the main drain/skimmer? Whenever I clean my pump basket I have to close the main drain and crack open the return line (open air bleed) to keep water from siphoning above water level and back down and backwards through my filter (my pump basket is below water level). Perhaps something like that is happening to you. Try taking the pump basket cover off and see if the flows stops.