PDA

View Full Version : I want to move my pump and filter....

CelticDaddio
09-14-2006, 11:24 PM
We just moved into a house with a pre-existing pool. We are now in the process of renovating the entire yard and landscaping (what there was of it). The pump and filter is approximately 15 feet from the end of the pool and right smack in the way.... I want it moved....preferrably by me. Is this something that can be done? By a non-pro? Is there a maximum distance away from the pool that I can locate the pump? Any and all help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed

duraleigh
09-15-2006, 06:38 AM
The power supply is probably the biggest issue. If you understand working with electricity outdoors, I'd say it's a pretty easy DIY job.

An ideal situation would be to run new power lines to the new location and then patch on to the existing pvc plumbing to bring it to the new location.

Poconos
09-15-2006, 09:53 AM
As Dave said, yes, a relatively easy DIY job. If you're going to be digging up things, burying power lines, pipes, etc, think about burying things you may want in the future, like conduits so you can fish things through. Much easier and cheaper to dig and bury things once. Conduit and PVC is cheap. If you're burying power feeds be sure to use the right type cable for underground direct burial. I learned that lesson long ago here in ancient glacier country where you can't dig 6" without hitting a rock. Grrr!
Al
Edit: I'm good at forgetting things. CarlD will probably comment on local codes. Another Grrrr !

CelticDaddio
09-19-2006, 05:49 PM
My sand filter has the following markings on it:

PAC-FAB Inc.
Model PF-50

My pump has the following:

E-Plus
Magnetek Century Electric
Model P2R

Does anyone know of an online (preferably free) source for documentation on these items? I would like to read up on installation before I dismantle and begin the move.

Thanks,
Ed