PDA

View Full Version : pool tile choice

poolfor3kids
09-14-2006, 01:05 PM
We are trying to decide on our pool waterline tile. Does anyone have any feedback as to the differences between the glazed (shiny) and slate (stone looking) We have heard one is harder to keep clean but one shows the waterline in dark colors. Thanks for any help.

Sweet
09-14-2006, 01:42 PM
We have the unglazed variety and haven't had any problems with scrubbing any line off. It's no problem if you keep on to of it. I do recommend you get a 6" tile instead of 3" so that the water line is approximately in the middle of the tile instead of on a grout line. Any imperfections in the setting of the tile will be easily seen if your grout line is running on edge with a water level.

SeanB.
09-14-2006, 02:26 PM
We have the unglazed variety and haven't had any problems with scrubbing any line off. It's no problem if you keep on to of it. I do recommend you get a 6" tile instead of 3" so that the water line is approximately in the middle of the tile instead of on a grout line. Any imperfections in the setting of the tile will be easily seen if your grout line is running on edge with a water level.

Any pictures Sweet? I'd love to see what that emerald green plaster looks like - sounds cool.