PDA

View Full Version : need to drain the pool

tagprod
09-09-2006, 10:34 AM
My salt level is around 3600 to 3500. I need to drain the pool. there's a faucet directly above the pump and when I turn it on water comes out. I think I need to drain water below the skimmer line about a foot or so. Can I drain water without the pump on?

larry2338
09-09-2006, 12:38 PM
If I'm understanding you correctly, no. Not unless the faucet is below the level of the water in the pool.

duraleigh
09-09-2006, 01:00 PM
My salt level is around 3600 to 3500. I need to drain the pool.If sentence #2 is because of sentence #1, you do not need to drain your pool.

Do you have an SWG?

hinejs
09-09-2006, 02:15 PM
You should not have to drain down the pool because your salt is around 3500ppm. You may need to drain down the pool because the water is laping at the top of the pool deck.

The hose bib above the pump is intended for the purpose of having to drain the pool. Connect your garden hose here and with the pump on, open the hose bib slowly.

What brand of salt chlorinator do you have? How old is it? Post a picture.

-Jeremy

tagprod
09-09-2006, 02:31 PM
If sentence #2 is because of sentence #1, you do not need to drain your pool.

Do you have an SWG?

I do have a SWG. The remote base has a light that comes on that read "Check System". The SWG shuts down too. It also posts one of two things, salt level too high or cell temp is too high. I thought the only way to lower your salt in a pool was to drain and refill. I lowered the water level just to the level at the skimmers and am refilling with unsalted water. The perimeter of the pool is about 90'. I think if I add 3 inshes of water it should bring it down. A, I wrong here?

tagprod
09-09-2006, 02:32 PM
You should not have to drain down the pool because your salt is around 3500ppm. You may need to drain down the pool because the water is laping at the top of the pool deck.

The hose bib above the pump is intended for the purpose of having to drain the pool. Connect your garden hose here and with the pump on, open the hose bib slowly.

What brand of salt chlorinator do you have? How old is it? Post a picture.

-Jeremy

It's an Aqua logic and it's brand new.

duraleigh
09-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Tag,

Check with your SWG manufacturer. I think you'll find 3500 is possibly a little high but well within operating limits. I don't have an SWG so cannot comment accurately on what your issue really is but I don't think it's salt level.

hinejs
09-09-2006, 09:29 PM
3500 is just a little bit high, but nothing I'd worry too much about. How many hours do you run the pumps, any idea what the gallonage is for your pool? Check system LED could also mean your cell needs to be inspected. Every 3 months, its a good idea to break the cell down and run a little water and muriatic acid and mix through to clean the plates.