PDA

View Full Version : Spiders living in pool

Pool in Carolina Blue
09-07-2006, 09:50 PM
I have spiders living and swimming in my in-ground pool! I have been killing them for a week and they are still prevalent. Funny thing is they are not drowning. I dump them out of the skimmer baskets every day and step on them.

Any ideas of what to do? Will 30 ppm shocking kill them?

Thanks,

Mike

Watermom
09-07-2006, 11:50 PM
I have spiders living and swimming in my in-ground pool!
Any ideas of what to do?

Call Spiderman?? (Or, as my friend accuses me of saying, "SpYderman!")

aylad
09-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Nope, 30 ppm shocking won't kill them...I finally just learned to live with them. The only way I've successfully been able to quickly clear my pool is to leave a couple of floating pool toys in the pool at night, and the spiders (and flying ants, and June bugs, and all the other wildlife that swims in my pool at night) climb up on them. I scoop them out with the net, drop them on the grass, and spray them down with bug spray. Works fairly well, if you don't mind bug spray in your yard. Beats swimming with the spiders!!

Janet

JohnT
09-08-2006, 08:21 AM
It's the time of year. You'll get new ones every day.

mbar
09-08-2006, 10:55 AM
I get them too! It seems they love the water - I skim them out, and they dive right back in! My grandbaby tell's me to "dead them grammy":eek:

Pool in Carolina Blue
09-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Thanks to everyone for the comments!:)

Mike

Poconos
09-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Heh Heh...couple more comments. We were in the pool one day this Summer and my friend spotted this 'spyder' under the diving board. Got the bug spray. Had to be 1000 of the little *******s on mommas back scurrying all over. Yuck. Also a warning about hollow pool noodles left floating at night...the blasted 'spyders' love to crawl in the hole.
Al
PS: Watermom didn't make it clear but 'spYder' is the pronunciation South of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Snowymoon
09-11-2006, 04:11 PM
:eek:

Spiders in Pools.

Sounds like a good idea for a movie, kinda like Snakes on Planes. :D Hee hee. ;)

I have some that lived along the edge of the pool (above-ground Intex) that loved to attack my feet when I would vacuum. :eek:

aylad
09-12-2006, 12:33 AM
Had to be 1000 of the little *******s on mommas back scurrying all over. Yuck. .

Yeah, the fastest I ever saw my husband move was the first time he slapped at a spider on the deck with his hand and a million or so tiny spiders scattered, running all over his feet.....it's pretty gross but I almost fell in the pool laughing at him.....

Janet

Watermom
10-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Look what my little boy found in his brother's running shoe last night. A really, big SPYDER! EWWWWW!!! Moral of this story --- look in your shoes before you put your feet in them! :eek:

aylad
10-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Yikes, good thing he didn't put them on first!!

Janet