PDA

View Full Version : Small "BB" sized hole in my above ground pool wall

The Raddish
04-17-2006, 06:05 PM
I am changing out the liner in my newly acquired (with the house we bought last August) above-ground pool in two weeks. Today, as I was removing the old liner from the pool, I discovered a small hole in the pool wall about six inches up from the ground right below the top of the cove. It appears that there is rust on the inside wall, but no visible indications of any on the outside, other than the "BB" sized hole.

What to do?

hrsdennis
04-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Hi, before installing the new liner it is a good idea to sand and repaint any rust spots on the inside of the pool. Holes can be taped over using duct tape. You could even tape a small piece of flat metal over the hole for more protection.

Best of luck, Dennis

The Raddish
04-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Any thoughts to using a fiberglass patch or JB Weld to fill the hole? I'm mostly concerned with something from the outside getting to the liner.

The hole is just below the top of the cove, so I'm not too concerned with sharp edges.

hrsdennis
04-18-2006, 01:06 PM
I have seen JB Weld used also. Nothing wrong with that.

Dennis

CarlD
04-19-2006, 11:31 AM
I would imagine that epoxy putty or Bondo would also fill a hole like that nicely. Just sand it smooth on the inside.