PDA

View Full Version : AutoPilot total control system

grochmal
04-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Any comments on this system?
http://www.autopilot.com/total-control-system/autopilot-total-control-system.html

Is the extra price for the muriatic acid feeder really worth it?

bbb
04-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Unless I'm missing something, you also would require a secure place to store the muriatic acid and route the muriatic acid pump tube -- otherwise it might not be the best option to have around kids or pets. I'm no expert here (though I am researching options to buy an SWG this spring for my 20x40 vinyl pool) - just using common sense.

Poolsean
04-18-2006, 06:10 PM
The muriatic acid is diluted 4 parts water to 1 part acid. This is stored in a 15 gallon outdoor UV rated tank with a semi-child proof, ventilated lid. The acid pump is mounted directly onto the tank and feeds the acid solution through the tubing. The amount of acid feed is minimal, whenever the pump is operating. It basically equates to droplets at a time.
All this equipment is located with the rest of the pool equipment so it should be fairly secure.
For example, does the motor on the pump run hot? Sure it does, but we don't typically worry about the kids running around and touching the motor, so why worry about them going over to the equipment and playing with the acid tubing.