PDA

View Full Version : No rebar in the steps?

birddog
08-29-2006, 08:35 PM
My PB construction superintendant told me today not to be suprised by the lack of rebar on the steps when they install the steel tomorrow. I told him it was my understanding that rebar would be installed everywhere.

The facts...

I'm getting a Gunite IG 40' X 20' with the steps located in one corner so we can use the pool as a lap pool. The rebar is 1/2" throughout the pool. Is it normal not to have steel rebar installed around/in the step area?

mneal
08-29-2006, 08:53 PM
We had a IGP w/spa built earlier in the year and no re-bar in either step. The swim benches in deep end however were re-bared in.

wbrady
08-30-2006, 07:15 AM
Same deal here. Just had our pool shot last week. No steel in the steps and benches in the shallow end, but did have steel in the deep end swim outs. I think this is standard practice.

Ready2swim
08-30-2006, 09:05 AM
I had the same question for my PB...the only step that had rebar in it was in the deep end and the large tanning ledge that we put in as a first step. Good luck!

MarkC
08-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Same here, No rebar in the steps.

huskyrider
08-31-2006, 12:33 AM
This is the norm. I only use steel for bench elevations in the shallow end, and bench/stepout elevations in the deep end. Don't lose any sleep over the lack of steel there.

See Ya,
Kelly