PDA

View Full Version : First year of Opening.......

brooke6975
04-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Hello! This forum has already been so helpful to me. I am not completely, but on the borderline of incompetent when it comes to my pool. I am desperately trying to learn. :D

Here goes with my problem.....

We have a 24 ft above ground pool. We covered it last winter, bought all of the winterizing stuff, etc. Of course, the cover fell in mid-way through winter and we left it there. :(
Now we are in the process of trying to open it. We skimmed all the junk off the top of the pool, unable to see the bottom we have not vacuumed yet. (that may be my problem)
All of my levels are right on the money. Thanks to this forum, I have gotten better at that part of it. FC, is perfect PH, Alkalinity, etc. They are all in range. None are high or low. It has been a grooling process to get the levels right, but they finally are. So here is my question......Why is the water still cloudy? It's not green, more like a milky color. But we are still unable to see the bottom of the pool. Could it be because we did not vacuum yet? We have added clarifier, hoping that would help some. It did, but not alot. Sand filter is working great and we are running it 24 hrs a day......Any help would be a God-send. Thanks so much!!

JohnT
04-17-2006, 12:27 PM
I would vac what you can. Anything you get out will help. I'd also keep the chlorine on the high side.

brooke6975
04-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks. I was just concerned about vacuuming when I couldn't see what I was sucking up. :D
I will keep my chlorine up too. Thanks Again!!

IMherDad
04-17-2006, 12:39 PM
I agree with John T. Vacuum to WASTE to make sure you get the junk out of your pool.