PDA

View Full Version : Selling Above Ground Pool

snorkly
08-24-2006, 04:43 PM
I think we've decided to sell our 3 year old above ground pool. It's so much maintenance and we just had a mishap with it last week. A hose blew off the filter and forced a ton of water under the pool--causing the sand cove to wash away and make holes in our liner. We've managed to patch the holes, and the water is holding, but I think we'd like to get rid of the pool. Has anyone ever sold a pool before? Any advice? Thanks!

GraceByDesign
08-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Where are you located?

hrsdennis
08-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Grace, do we need to find you a pool?

Snorkly, my biggest advice is this. Leave the pool up and operational until sold. It is amazing how little they are worth when they are just a pile of parts.

I sell a few pools a year via my local newspaper. I just recently sold three pools on Ebay. I was cleaning out my backyard.

Best of luck, Dennis

GraceByDesign
08-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Grace, do we need to find you a pool?

Dennis, I have a doughboy Sand Dollar II picked out at the pool store, but if I could find a really good bargain on a 'young' used pool, I might be swayed... :D

Then again, letting the PS do the install would save me a lot of planning and potential headaches!:rolleyes:

hrsdennis
08-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Grace, the only pool I have left is a 16' round Doughboy Blue Glacier.

The Sand Dollar is a rather simple but good quality pool. Like back in the day before all the plastic and resin. It is old time Doughboy quality. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Having it installed is nice also.

Best of luck, Dennis

Alysenlynn
08-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Grace, the only pool I have left is a 16' round Doughboy Blue Glacier.

The Sand Dollar is a rather simple but good quality pool. Like back in the day before all the plastic and resin. It is old time Doughboy quality. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Having it installed is nice also.

Best of luck, Dennis

Which would you choose from between Dougboy's Desert Spring, Copper Canyon, and Riviera and why Dennis?

BTW that's what our local store carries.

hrsdennis
08-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Those happen to be my three favorite Doughboy pools. The Copper Caynon and Riviera designs have been around for over thirty years. They change the colors and the names to keep up with the times. They are both good, solid easy to build pools. As far as Resin top rails and uprights go the Desert Spring is by far my favorite. I feel most pool manufactures have way overdesigned the above ground pool. To much plastic and way to many parts. Way to many parts that just do not fit as intended and can make installation a real pain. Doughboy built a nice looking resin pool while keeping to a very simple, user friendly design.

I would put the Sand Dollar in this list and say you could not go wrong with any of them. Top quality, user friendly.

Dennis