FAC 2
TAC 2
PH 7.2
TA 70 added baking soda
CH 120
CYA 25
TDS 500
Phosphates 2500
Ok so the water is perfectly clear couldn't be more clear no residue of any type no algae; couldn't ask for anything more easy to maintain etc
So what about this phosphate I have read not to worry
"Finally, to use a phosphate remover when there is not an algae problem even with high phosphate levels in the water is, IMHO, just wasting money on a product that ultimately has no effect on your pool. Same idea as putting in copper to prevent an algae breakout when the water is clean. You are using a product that is not needed to correct a problem that is not present in your pool. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

What should I believe

Watermom
08-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Your numbers look pretty good. You could tweak a few just a little. PH is OK at 7.2, but if it drops any lower you'll want to add just a little Borax to get it back between 7.4-7.6. Make sure you keep your chlorine between 2-5. What type of pool is this?

Forget about the phosphates. Go swimming!

aguaguy
08-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Thanks For the info Watermom

Its a fiberglass pool, couldn't be happier with the ease of maintaining it

waterbear
08-24-2006, 12:43 PM
My phosphates run between 2000-3000 ppm as tested with the Hach phosphate test kit. I have never had algae.....don't waste your money on phosphate removers. Also, ignore TDS measurements...They have little or no bearing on your water chemistry.