PDA

View Full Version : New test Kit arrived today. Here are the numbers!

GA Mark
08-22-2006, 04:08 PM
TC 1.5
CC 1.0
FC .5

PH 7.8
TA 160
CH 60
CYA 65

So I know this.
Water look's crystal clear
New pool last week
I have a 24' above ground pool
15,500 gallons
22' sand filter
2 speed pump

and I am using BBB

So I need to add what?

Watermom
08-22-2006, 04:40 PM
FC + CC = TC. Always. So, first you need to straighten out your chlorine readings. Your ph is fine at 7.8, but you don't want it any higher. Your alk is OK at 160 for a vinyl pool. Your cya is a little higher than I like, but OK at 65 if you maintain adequate chlorine levels as a result. See the "best guess" chart in the sticky at the top of the chlorine forum.

GA Mark
08-22-2006, 04:47 PM
FC + CC = TC. Always. So, first you need to straighten out your chlorine readings

Is that not what mine is?

Watermom
08-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Yes! For some reason I just read it wrong. I guess I'm just used to seeing people list their TC last and for some reason, I just misread it. My apologies.

GA Mark
08-22-2006, 04:52 PM
no problem at all. I thought I was doing something wrong.

Phillbo
08-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Just add beer and women :D

medvampire
08-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Watermom
Yes! For some reason I just read it wrong. I guess I'm just used to seeing people list their TC last and for some reason, I just misread it. My apologies.

Watermom
I had to go back and look twice myself.

Mark
With a CYA of 65 you need to boost your chlorine 3 to 6 going by the best guess chart (http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=365). So I would add some bleach to get it up there and I am sure some one has given you the link to bleach calc.
With a TA of 160 you might have a hard time keeping your pH down. You might want to drop by the hardware store and grab some muratic acid(be carefull with this stuff). If the pH goes up I would drop it down abit. If you have a hard time keeping it in line you can drop the ALK by following this thread. (http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=191) Ben's method works very well but you will need a fountain to get the fastest drops.
Main thing to add to your pool is fun and family... enjoy the new pool.:D
Steve