PDA

View Full Version : stabilizer granules on bottom of pool

heatherc
08-21-2006, 08:03 PM
...whoops, somebody added stabilizer granules through skimmer...must of used the whole container...now there are white granules on bottom of pool...what should I do?????

GraceByDesign
08-21-2006, 09:08 PM
You can vacuum them up into the filter and don't backwash for a week.

However, if they were put in the skimmer, they should have gotten caught in the filter in the first place... :confused:

Watermom
08-21-2006, 09:45 PM
Grace is right, if it was put in the skimmer, they should have gotten trapped in the filter. Makes me wonder if your pump is too strong and your filter not big enough. Sometimes when that is the case, stuff just gets blown through your filter too fast instead of being filtered properly.

heatherc
08-23-2006, 07:19 PM
I vacuumed up the granules...and won't backwash for a week......I found out that the granules were "sprinkled" over water to start with..before realizing they had to go through skimmer.......yep, should just do it myself!!

Watermom
08-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Don't beat yourself up over it. I have seen some CYA containers that said to broadcast the granules over the surface of the pool. Bad idea. You don't want cyanuric acid laying on the bottom of your pool - especially if it is a vinyl liner.