PDA

View Full Version : Removing winter cover

Bergerman
04-17-2006, 08:10 AM
Well, We are tired of looking at the blue winter cover,so we are making our 1st attempt at removing the solid winter cover:eek: . Any good tips about how to do this? I am going to the store to get lots of bleach and some baking soda(I have a box of borax from last year):rolleyes: . tahnks for any info.

IMherDad
04-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Just make sure you get as much water off the cover as possible. You don't want that water getting back in your pool if possible. If you don't have a pump you can use a garden hose. Just toss one end on the cover and leave one end out in the yard. Take the end that is lying in your yard and suck the air out of it until the water begins to flow. Its a slow process but it does work.

After that get at least two (more is better) people to help you slowly remove the cover off the pool and on to the grass or driveway. Once its off get an old mop and bucket and try to clean it as best as you can. Let it dry and then sprinkle some corn starch or baby powder on it and fold neatly.

jmcst25
04-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Let it dry and then sprinkle some corn starch or baby powder on it and fold neatly.

What does corn startch / baby powder do?

Another question -- My cover is very large (30 x 50 ft or so) -- and is hard to get completly dry after scrubbing. Any recommendations? Any thoughts on the cover deoderizer products, they don't mention it needs to be completely dry.

Thanks again.

Jim

will_m
04-23-2006, 05:16 PM
What does corn startch / baby powder do?

Corn starch keeps the tarp from sticking together and dry rotting.

Bergerman
04-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Thanks 4 the info- the cover is off and packed away. Shocked the pool and vac twice. Water is clear but way cold 60 deg:eek:
Cya
Ed