PDA

View Full Version : Which aggregate finish

mmcguire
08-19-2006, 11:03 AM
We want to use an aggregate finish on our pool and there are several good companies in town, but they all use a different brand. Is there a better brand? So far I am looking at Pebble Tec, Gemstone, River Rock and Dimond Bright. Any suggestions?

Chantazia
08-20-2006, 02:12 AM
Don't go with River Rok! We had it installed in April and it is rough and abrasive. It looks great and feels horrible. My friends and family hate it, we all get cuts and scrapes on our bodies when we swim. It was a big mistake!

huskyrider
08-20-2006, 09:59 AM
It looks great and feels horrible.

This doesn't apply just to River Rok.
I've heard these same complaints levied against all the exposed aggregate finishes.
They're typically against those using the largest pebble. Those are Pebbletec, Stonescapes, Crystalstones, and RiverRok.

See Ya,
Kelly

mmcguire
08-20-2006, 12:34 PM
So does any other brand have a smaller rock or is PebbleTec's PebbleSheen line the only one.

joelq
08-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Hi - we have Stonescapes, and I know that they have a "mini pebble" which is similar to PebbleSheen. Not sure about the other brands, however.

I think the key to many of the aggregate finishes is to brush, and brush, and brush! We've had water in our pol for about 3 weeks now, and have no complaints about the minipebble being too rough or sharp.

imfignewton
08-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Take a look at these web sites for some other finishes.

www.beadcreteusa.com

http://www.gemstonepools.com

mkamp1515
08-21-2006, 09:24 AM
We have Pebble Tec and it is great. Took a few days to get used to...but that was all. Regardless of what type of surface you have, if you spend several hours playing volleyball or something similar, your feet will feel it.

Simmons99
08-21-2006, 11:02 AM
I just started our pool with Diamondbrite - it is not abrasive like the Pebbletec (my father-in-law has that in his pool).

captainx
08-24-2006, 09:40 PM
We used Marbletite Marquis and it looks great and really isn't a problem on the foot. The first few days it did blister the kids toes but they were in the pool for 5+ hours. I don't count that because it hasn't happened since and no one else has complained.

Poolboyz
08-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Think of it as exfoliation......We had pebble tec and are going with pebblesheen with our new pool...

dawndenise
08-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Absolutely love PebbleSheen!!!:) It was polished well and feels and looks great. We went with Ocean Blue.