PDA

View Full Version : Autopilot

Ciscokid
04-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Hi, I have an Autopilot with a 48 cell. I am getting a RED light flashing all the time saying check/clean cell.I have cleaned the cell and still get the same flashinging red light.I have also tried rebooting the unit.What should I do in order to correct this problem. I do notice when the cell turns on the red light stops flashing. Thanks for any information you can provide me.

Davenj
04-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Started my system up and have the same indication. Ran the Test Poolpilot function and cell reads 29volts, 4.4 amps. Everything ran fine last year.

Poolsean
04-18-2006, 03:22 AM
Please verify your salt levels and for any scale on the cells. Increasing the salt to about 3500 ppm, especially in cold water conditions should compensate by increasing the conductivity of the water. If you have additional problems, please contact the factory.

Davenj
04-18-2006, 07:45 AM
Thanks Sean, you nailed it. I added salt and got it up to 3000ppm, but the water temp. was only 65.

Poolsean
04-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Bring it up to 3500 ppm and it will run even better for you, especially under the cold water conditions. You won't even notice the additional salt in the water.

rmeden
04-18-2006, 08:18 PM
funny, I had the same problem on my 48.... called support, they said increase salt, and that fixed it! (I was 2800 before I started)

Poolsean
04-18-2006, 09:44 PM
The reason is that when the water temps and the salt level lowers, the conductivity reduces also. Unless you have a heater, you cannot adjust thethe water temperature, but you can adjust the salt level. That's why it is a solution, but also because the Pool Pilot does not have a high salt level cutoff.

Ciscokid
04-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Hi, Thanks Sean I will give that a try and see what happens. I just cleaned my cell and drained my pool down do to high CH.I have been slowly adding salt back to get it where I need to be.I am at 2900 right now and the red light is still flashing.I will get it up to 3500 and see what happens.All the chemicals are perfect right now.I could never figure out why my CH keep going up. ( I was up to 580 ) Now I am at 190 CH.Well thanks again I will let you know how it goes.

rmeden
04-21-2006, 11:42 AM
My water was in the upper 60's with 2800ppm when I got my alarm. I'm pretty sure last season I was 2800ppm without alarm. Maybe the age of the cell is a factor (although I'm only in season 2).

Do the cells last longer with higher NaCl level? (more salt == higher conductivity == less work?)

Robert

Poolsean
04-23-2006, 01:43 AM
Do the cells last longer with higher NaCl level? (more salt == higher conductivity == less work?)

Robert

I can only speak for Autopilot. The salt level being maintained will allow the cell to last to it's optimum. But it is one of the factors that allow this. Pool Pilot does not have a high salt level shut off point so you can increase to whatever level you desire. While the recommended range is what will maintain optimum cell life, higher salt levels will allow the power supply to run at cooler temperatures, which I'm sure you know, heat is a killer to electronics. In this case, the higher salt level will let the power supply last longer and will contribute to optimizing cell life.