PDA

View Full Version : White Film / residue floating on top of pool.

jimmurphy24
08-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Well i put in a algaecide last weekend didn't read carefully and put in a little too much a day later the white film / residue appeared then i backwashed and it want away then resurfaced again yesterday. now it doesn't seem to be going away backwashed just to check but perfectly clean. I don't see it but my fiance things the water coming out of the return is cloudy doesn't anyone know what this might be?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JIm

tenax
08-17-2006, 09:08 PM
any powdered chlorine? was it liquid or powder algacide? (not sure if there is such a thing but) reason i ask is because at the start of the season when i shocked with chlorine, i forgot to premix the chlorine crystals in water..dumped straight into the skimmer..had crap on my pool for at least 5 days floating on top and just kept running the pump and it finally dissolved.

jimmurphy24
08-18-2006, 10:28 AM
I've been using the bleach as chlorine and it was liquid Algaecide probably put a little too much in not sure what to do now.

mbar
08-18-2006, 11:51 AM
If it was the algaecide, then it will go away on it's own, bump your chlorine up and it should clear faster.