PDA

View Full Version : New Pool Install

nicker
04-16-2006, 09:22 PM
We are working on getting our yard set up for our new AG pool. Its my 1st install. I was wondering did most of you that set yours up put small patio stones under where the supports go. I have heard of people doing this. Seems like you should.

hrsdennis
04-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Hi, I strongly recommend that do it yourselfers use blocks. It just makes for a better job. After the ground is level, lay the rail out, connect it and make it perfectly round. Now you can go around and dig out under each support and install your blocks. I strongly urge you to rent a transit for the day as that is the best way to set each block at the same level. When that is done make sure the ground between the posts is level and compact. The two most important things to remember, level and round.

Best of luck, Dennis

NWMNMom
04-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Most of the info given for installs talks about round pools. How do you get your measurements just right on an oval pool? Is there a formula that can be used that is adjusted based on the size of the oval? We have 12x12x1" patio blocks to install under the uprights.

hrsdennis
04-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi, Oval pools are a little different. I set the sides first. They are all a little different and all require blocks in different places. Follow the directions closely for proper side support setup. With that done lay out your ends just like a round pool. Then place your blocks. With the braces set the rest of the job is just like a round pool. The brace setup is also the part that most beginners mess up badly, so go slow and follow the instructions.

Dennis

NWMNMom
04-17-2006, 09:23 PM
This one is a buttress free so no braces other than the straps underneath and the uprights.

hrsdennis
04-17-2006, 10:12 PM
On a buttress free pool they have just transferred the support from outside the pool to underneath the pool. The weight of the water on the large pressure plates holds the sides straight. Installation is still the same. Do the sides first.

Dennis

MaxxFusion
04-18-2006, 07:48 AM
I strongly urge you to rent a transit for the day as that is the best way to set each block at the same level.

This is one of the best tools. It makes installing the pool so much easier too. One thing I can suggest on the transit is get the one man transit. It is much easier to use.

matt4x4
04-18-2006, 07:56 AM
Transit or laser level...
Yes, one of the best things to make the job easier is a transit or a good contractor grade self leveling fully automatic laser level - with one of those, leveling your ground becomes a piece of cake.

kevincad
04-18-2006, 01:55 PM
This is one of the best tools. It makes installing the pool so much easier too. One thing I can suggest on the transit is get the one man transit. It is much easier to use.
I made a water level using some clear tubing. Worked great. Being in engineering, I know how to use a transit, but with the kids around, it would be a pain!!

NWMNMom
04-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Thanks to all of you folks for this info and help. I am actually printing entire sections out to refer to (can't always get online - I have teenagers!)