PDA

View Full Version : Guess what happened when they statred putting the pool up?

GA Mark
08-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Well the came to install my pool yesterday. Leveled the ground, played with the sand for a while, got the wall up and opened the box for the liner and it was the wrong one. My wife wanted one that had blue swirls all over it. The paperwork showed the correct liner they just brought the wrong one. Called the store and to my suprise they were out of the right liner and would have on in a week or two.

There FIX:

Put the wrong liner in and give me the right one when it comes in. The at the begining of next season they will have the installer come and swap the liner out.

My Question:

Who is going to pay for the extra 15,000 gallons of water I will use.
What about all of the chemicals?

Can you think of anything else?

cruzmisl
08-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Their mistake they should pay. Another alternative is to argue over a partial refund for the wrong liner and forget about the replacement (if you can live with it)

CarlD
08-16-2006, 12:23 PM
If you fill with town water, 15,000 gallons is probably about $75.

If they do a good installation on the wrong liner, can you live with it if they give something significant for it?

hrsdennis
08-16-2006, 07:09 PM
That would be an easy one for me to decide. Install the one that came with it and get the free one as soon as it comes in.

You now have a spare liner to use sometime down the road. Here are a few things that could happen.

The chlorinater could spill and leave ugly stains on the bottom of the pool. Someone careless with a vacuum could poke holes around the outer edge of the pool. There are many things that could happen. You have a free liner to learn and experiment with, see what works and what doesn't. If you have a sand base the sand will compact better over time and will stay smoother the second time around.

I think you have a great situation, even though it is not exactly what you wanted.

Dennis

waste
08-16-2006, 07:28 PM
I agree with Dennis, cool a free liner! :) However, they should pay for the cost of the water (we always do). Close your eyes and enjoy the pool :rolleyes:

Phillbo
08-16-2006, 09:10 PM
I doubt they plan to leave the old liner behind. Have them come back and install teh rigth one next year and inlcude 3 months worth of pool service to cover the cost of balancing the water ?

b2001
08-16-2006, 09:57 PM
They might not agree to this either, but if you go with the wrong one, to be replaced by the right one eventually, I'd want to retain some portion of what I would owe them as an incentive for them to come back out and replace.

If they don't bother, you've got the partial refund.

Poconos
08-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Mark,
Sounds familiar to some degree. Check this thread.
Al

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=4018& (http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=4018&highlight=ajs-1)

NWMNMom
08-19-2006, 05:09 PM
OR, you could wait the week and have them come out and install the correct liner....I would try and get the wrong one in and get them to give you the correct one for later. A free liner is nothing to sneeze at!