PDA

View Full Version : OK, let's pretend this is your yard...

philamom
08-11-2006, 10:13 PM
what shape and size AG pool would you put in this yard and WHERE in the yard would you place it?

You plan on using this pool with your husband, children who are 2.5 and 5 and some family since you are pretty sure once you get a pool they will start to visit more often LOL

Also remembering you have two young children who like to play in the yard with their many balls, toys, push cars, sand box ect

Any advice :)

Left of the yard

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/philamom/IMG_0101.jpg

Right of the yard

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/philamom/IMG_0102.jpg

RavenNS
08-11-2006, 10:20 PM
I think that I'd put it as close to the fence as legally possibly ( for max yard space) & probably as close to the shed as you could deal with...
for storing chemicals & if you have electrical in the shed, you can put your pump in there.
This would also limit the tree debris in the pool.

I'd move the swing set to the other side( of the tree), so that I could keep a better eye on the kids swinging ( just-in-case they try dumb things, like kids always do...lol)

without the measurements of the yard, it's hard to guess on sizings

les_smith
08-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Stay far enough away from the fence so if the wind blows it down it won't hit the pool or equipment. Put all of the toys and swings and stuff to side of the pool, because at times they will use them more than the pool. I'd put the pool on the side away from the neighbors shed so that you don't have to have a close up view of it while your swimming. The link in my signature section shows how we did it.

tribe_fan
08-12-2006, 10:29 AM
There usually is a 10 foot rule (most cities) for ANY structure (fence, house) that you should be aware of. This also applies to overhead wires. (I saw the power pole in one of the pics - but could not tell if it goes over your yard.

Talk to your building dept to get a list of rules before buying anything.

After that - I think I would look at an oval vrs a round pool. I think you get more pool with an 18x30 vrs a 27 foot round, and lose less yard.

philamom
08-16-2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the advice.

Past my deck the yard itself is 57 ft L x 44 ft W. Still unsure what size but I know I want to do it as close to the right side fence as possible (we need to be 4 ft from the property line/fence), and we will move the swing set to the other side of the tree

GraceByDesign
08-16-2006, 08:49 AM
I would go with the largest oval you can comfortably afford. I've never heard anyone wish they had a SMALLER pool! :D

CarlD
08-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Oval or rectangle. A round will eat up too much of your yard.