PDA

View Full Version : Question about return gaskets

Pontiadict
08-09-2006, 07:13 PM
I am getting ready to start putting up my pool wall,liner install,skimmer and return,etc.I have looked at my instructions for installing the return and it shows I should have two rubber gaskets and one paper gasket.In fact
I was given two paper gaskets and one rubber gasket.If someone could please
set me straight on what I need,and what sequence the gaskets need to be in I would greatly appreciate it.I can't see there being a big difference from one AGP to another regarding return installs,so I just want to be sure I'm doing it correctly.
Thanks,

John

hrsdennis
08-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Hi John, you do in fact need two rubber and one paper. The rubber ones seal and the paper one allows the outer nut to tighten without binding on the rubber one. Order, inside piece with one rubber gasket, insert through precut opening, second rubber gasket on outside next to wall, paper and then nut.

Hope that helps, Dennis

Pontiadict
08-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks Dennis.I'll check with my local pool supply store to get the rubber gasket I need.
John

matt4x4
08-10-2006, 07:06 AM
Many manufacturers also use cork gaskets, so if that's all you can get, then just replace your single rubber gasket with a cork one so you're using cork all around (still use the paper one too - same reason as above), just don't mix rubber with cork since they have different properties and will compress differently.