PDA

View Full Version : Oh My!!! Water Is Clear!!

Jaybird70
08-08-2006, 01:21 PM
I went home for lunch and my pool was clear, clearer than I've ever seen it. I'm in shock. That is no lie, I've never seen my pool as clear as it is right now. :D

So, here is my plan, I want to make sure I'm on the right track here. I'm going to keep my levels up until they hold overnight. I'm going to vacuum and clean up the pool, although it doesn't look too terribly bad. Once my chlorine levels hold up overnight, I'm going to change my sand. Then, test my water PH, TA etc. and make sure they are all good. Apply stabilizer and maintain my chlorine levels with bleach based on the amount of sabilizer I have using the stabilizer/chlorine calculator.

Hopefully, I'm not missing anything here. I'm sooo grateful for everyone's help here and I plan on doing BBB from now on. It really sounds so much healthier for the pool. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING, THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

KatieD
08-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Congrats Jaybird!!

We pretty much went through this at the same time, so I share your excitement!!

Won't it be nice to finally have a nice swim?? :D

Jaybird70
08-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Thanks KatieD,

Congrats to you too!! I can hardly wait to hop in!! :)

VOLDADDY
08-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Jaybird,

You are correct. Once your bleach holds its reading overnight you are converted. Then you need to do a sand change and test/adjust your other chemicals, and add your CYA. Your pool will be amazingly clear, no algae or milky/cloudy look. Congrats on making it through to the end and enjoy!