PDA

View Full Version : Pool Green Vinyl Liner

bkny1055
08-06-2006, 07:29 PM
I have the Walmart 6 in 1 pool tester till i get a Ben's test kit
here are my numbers

Alkalinity 110 <-- ( You guys call Alkalinity TA or am i wrong ? )
PH 7.8
CL 3.0 <-- ( You guys call Chlorine CL or am i wrong ? )
Stabilizer 50 <-- ( You guys call Stabilizer CYA or am i wrong ? )

Started to run pool for 24/7 to try and clear it up any help here will be appreciated

Do i need to add more chlorine i use the cheap chlorine from the supermarket 6% ?
Is the PH okay for now
Do i need to bump up the Stabilizer & what store bought product do i use?
I think for vinyl liner inground pool you need the Alkalinity at 120 - 150 right do i use baking powder to bump up abit maybe 4 pounds right into the skimmer ?

Pool green but if i dont run the pool pump for 24 hours it all falls to the bottom still too much to take vacume cause it just goes through the filter and back out through the jets and bang back in the pool feel like i am fighting a loosing battle but i will go on and continue to fight the fight
:eek:

duraleigh
08-07-2006, 07:06 AM
You've got some minor issues with your water, (not much) but what you really need to get your pool clean is chlorine...lots and lots of it.

If you're positive your filter is returning junk to the pool, fix that first. Then you'll need to get your Chlorine boosted up to around 15-18ppm all at once and then hold it there 'til your water clears. Holding it there will require testing and adding chlorine at least twice daily and four times is better.

bkny1055
08-07-2006, 10:43 AM
how do i keep what i vacume from coming back out the jets in the pool ?

Simmons99
08-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Can you change your valves to vacuum to waste? Sounds like you may have them postioned so it bypasses the filter? You need to check your filter set-up - try posting in the equipment forum to get some experts on pumps and filters.

medvampire
08-08-2006, 10:53 PM
You might add a skimmer sock to filter the finer particles out. I put one in my skimmer basket next to the pump each time I vaccume.

http://www.parpool-spa.com/images/Pool/Cleaning%20Access/skimmor_after.jpg

Steve

bkny1055
08-10-2006, 09:36 PM
It turned out to be the Jaccuzi filter that was bad and i just replaced it
Unicel C-9699 price 83.00 WOW :eek:

but it needed to be done
pool is clearing up now thank the heavens and this forum for that
my wife keeps looking at me like why are you using all my Clorox on your pool ????????????????
I keep say hold on wait give me a minute and you will see why
she says yea but what do i use to clean clothe
i say i will get you more

I put 3 Gallons of Clorex 6% in the pool for the past 3 days
Just replaced my filter yesturday and its getting there now

P.S. on my way to Wal-Mart to get more Clorox for both my wife and the pool
Price of Gallon and a half $2.23
Price of Baking Soda $5.15 for 15 pounds
the price of seeing my wife look at me like i a freaking nutz
PRICELESS
for everything else there is this Forum

Alkalinity 130
PH 7.8
CL 10+
Stabilizer 50

Simmons99
08-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Price of Gallon and a half $2.23
Price of Baking Soda $5.15 for 15 pounds
the price of seeing my wife look at me like i a freaking nutz
PRICELESS

:D LOL!

Glad you like the forum and was able to find your problem so fast!

aylad
08-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Just to answer your other questions....yes, you have the abbreviations right. Alk levels in a vinyl pool should be 80-120, but as long as it's under 180 or so you can live with it. I'd call 110 perfect, but you're fine at 130, too. Ph ranges are 7.2-7.8, so you're okay for now but watch that it doesn't rise too much over that. If it does, use muriatic acid to bring it back down.

Glad the problem cleared up for you!

Janet

bkny1055
08-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Pool looking great, i received my Baracuda G4 yesturday and its doing its job in there..Wife gave me a smile this morning and said ahh thats why you needed all my clorox hmm. nice job

Levels looking good

Pool test 08/06/2006 7pm POOL GREEN

TA 110
PH 7.8
CL Chlorin 3.0
CYA - Stabilizer 50

pool test 08/07/2006 9:00pm POOL GREEN BUT CLEARING UP

TA 120
PH 7.8
CL 5.0
CYA 50

pool test 08/12/2006 9:00am POOL CLEAR
TA 120
PH 7.6
CL 10.0
CYA 50

Baracuda G4 swimming around cleaning while i site here in the shade drink my Vodka and OJ that thing is worth every penny

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE INFORMATION

bkny1055
08-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Wow Pool still clean this past wed my wife said please make sure the pool is clean for the pool party , i was like it has been clean since i started this board
She was like that is true but it has been raining alot
I Put 2 gallons of clorox in the pool when it rains and keep pucks in the skinner now so my cloren is nice and steady she goes

Pool nice and clean for pool party this past weekend thanks to you guys and the 411:D

Watermom
08-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Glad your pool looks good. One caution for you, though. You said that your cya (stabilizer) level is 50, but you are still using pucks in the skimmer. Those pucks will cause your cya to continue to rise. We usually recommend 30-50 for the cya level. If yours gets higher, you'll have to compensate by keeping your chlorine level higher or you'll likely have algae problems. Take a look at the "best guess" chart in the thread at the top of the chlorine forum.