PDA

View Full Version : Pristine Blue

symplas
04-15-2006, 11:11 AM
I've previously used Baquacil and I've had enough! I visited with a different pool supplier yesterday and he suggested I switch to PristineBlue. He claims it is much more economical and better than Baquacil. I plan on starting with a fresh pool this season. Does anyone have any experience with this product?

duraleigh
04-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi,

If you browse around this forum and poolsolutions.com, you'll find just about everyone here uses Chlorine and Chlorine only.

Reasons for that are spelled out throughout the forum....keep reading and maybe we can get you over to the Cl side.:D :D

I'm sorry I cannot give you any experience with PristineBlue....never heard of it.

DaveS.

waterbear
04-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Pristine Blue is copper.:eek: You still need to maintain a .5ppm free chlorine level with it for proper sanitation of the water. Here is a post you should read:
http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=98
Ben, the moderator of this forum, discusses copper and mentions Pristine Blue in the post. I believe once you read it you wil convert your biguinide pool to chlorine and have healthy water, save a lot of money, and have fun in the process!:rolleyes:

There is a lot of good info to be had here and a lot of very good advice. If you get into a sticky situtuation the great folk who frequent this forum will go out of their way to walk you through it.
I hope I have said enough to convince you to try the 3 B's -- Bleach, Borax, and Baking Soda!:cool: