PDA

View Full Version : Pool Kit comes w/ Inline chlorinator- can I use it w/ BBB?

hoffmans
08-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Hello All,
Question:
The kit we are looking to buy from www.nationalpoolwholesalers.com comes w/ a Hayward Automatic Chlorine Feeder. Thats an inline chlorinator to me, right?
Do I want this if we are BBB'ers? I don't need it for short term CYA lift b/c I don't trust myself w/ pucks, I would rather add my CYA via my panty hose method ( thats another thread from the past). Sooooo is there non stablized chlorine tabs,sticks or granuales out there to put in the chlorinator or do I tell them I don't want it?:confused:

Thank you so much
~Hoffmans

Skillset
08-06-2006, 05:59 PM
There is no alternative but to put stabilized chlorine in your HW feeder.

I have the same feeder and use it. I have a new pool and added CYA to get it to 40. After using pucks for one month, the CYA is about the same. My pool's appetite for pucks has been light. I keep the unit on 1, which keeps my chlorine at 4-5 ppm running my pump 10 hours at night. I know over time, the CYA will rise to a level which I will not want to go any higher. At that point, I'll switch to using Bleach. But, for now, the chlorinator serves it's purpose of chlorinating the pool - just need to watch the CYA levels. Just ordered 16oz of the re-agent.

If you don't want to use pucks, though, don't install the chlorinator.

hoffmans
08-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Well that is exactly the opposite of what i was hoping you were going to say!
If thats the case I will ask them if I can opt out on the chlorinator in lieu of some cash off an upgraded 2speed pump!

Thanks
~Hoffmans