PDA

View Full Version : water turns green with chlorine is put in!

belldane
08-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Ok, this is really strange. I have been useing BBB for 2 years now with great results!
All of my readings are just fine, but the last few times I put chlorine (wm)in it turned my water green within seconds, like I put dye in it! I put it in in the evening and it stayed like that all night. Once the filter started up it cleard in a few hours and looked great. Each time I add chlorine it is now taking longer to clear.

The only thing I added this summer was stabilizer which I got from H.Depot HTH brand. I'm pretty sure the problem started after that.

Any Ideas??? Patty

My pool is fiberglass. 10K
Cya 50
PH 7.4
TA 90
CC 0
CL 3
TC 3
Metals 0
I all so have salt in the water from last year.

mbar
08-06-2006, 07:30 PM
I really don't have any idea - the only thing I can think of with that reactions would be if you used any products like baquacil, or anything with copper. Did you look at what was on the container of the stabalizer? I can't imagine anything was in that either. I'm sorry, I am at a complete loss, but if you find out the cause please post back and let us know. THe only other thing I just though of is that the chlorine is yellow, and the pool water looks blue - yellow and blue make green - could it be just the appearence of color?

CarlD
08-06-2006, 09:07 PM
That definitely sounds like a metal reaction, but have it confirmed by having a pool store test for copper and iron. If so, Mbar can advise on dealing with metals.

belldane
08-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Well I took my water and had it tested for metals but nothing was found. I got a product any way that takes metals out and I havn't had a problem. :)

Patty