PDA

View Full Version : We Took The Plunge!

webfeet
08-05-2006, 01:12 AM
We finally negotiated a 20 x 40 Hydra vinyl pool. Construction is scheduled to begin on August 14th and should be completed by Labor Day, if all goes as planned. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Will probably be asking questions and for advice during the construction phrase, so thanks in advance for your assistance. Webfeet

hoffmans
08-05-2006, 01:27 AM
Oh my gosh.
I can't believe it. I didn't know you were that close to purchase and install.
I am so happy for you! August 14 wow ! Good deal.
Are you able to keep a photo log for all of us to watch the install?
Which liner did you choose?

Congratulations!
~Hoffmans

CarlD
08-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Good Luck!

I hope you negotiated a big back-end payment to ensure they complete on time.

I hate to throw cold water on you, but many, MANY contractors promise quick construction and then take months because they are juggling other jobs. Been there, done that, refused final payment! I did that to the guy who did our kitchen. "6 weeks" turned into 6 months and they STILL hadn't finished when I fired them. Unfortunately, the back-end payment was too small to hurt, so they just let it go.

The people behind me broke ground on their landscaping and pool in April of 2005 and didn't get to swim until Memorial day this year--13 months later.

I just want you to be ready for a MUCH longer time than you have been promised. If they do it as and when they say, FANTASTIC! And recommend them to all your friends!

webfeet
08-05-2006, 05:12 PM
I told the PC that we aren't in a hurry. In fact, we didn't mind if he didn't start until September. He set the goal. It is a vinyl liner inground with polymer walls. He says it usually takes a couple of weeks, given good weather.
We are shopping for a SWG for a 40,000 gallon pool- we want to oversize it. We are leaning toward the Aquarite by Goldline (Hayward). Any suggestions or warnings appreciated! Webfeet

BigStein
08-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Best of luck. We just had a pool put in and our contractor did the job in exactly 7 work days, from breaking ground to completing the decking. Plus, we didn't pay them a dime until the job was done. Needless to say, we were very pleased. Sometimes, these guys do the job they say they will and finish ahead of time too.