PDA

View Full Version : How often to run tests?

ePoolUser
08-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Hi,
How often should I run each of the tests in the WM 6-Way Aqua Chem test kit using the BBB method?

TIA,
Steve
--------------------
ePoolUser
27'x52 AG
Voyager 150sqft Cartridge Filter
Hayward 2.0Hp pump
Zodiac 1500 Automatic Vacuum
Aqua Smarte Mineral System
Aqua Smarte Cl Bac Pac <=== GONE!

GraceByDesign
08-04-2006, 11:16 AM
The general advice here is test for Cl and pH daily, and do the other tests once a week. (Some of the more experienced pool owners here test Cl and pH every other day, or perhaps 3 times a week, but they are very in tune with their pools.)

Mom2Czars
08-05-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm a newbie this summer. I test chlorine 1-2x a day, pH about once a week, maybe less. Then again, I tested pH quite a bit at first as I worked on stabilizing it. Once I reached a solid 7.2, it hasn't changed in a month. I tested Alkalinity today for the first time in a couple weeks and it's at 110, right about where it was before. Because I have a vinyl liner pool and my water was filled with trucked in water, I've only tested hardness twice (it's at 0).

I've been pretty lucky in that my chlorine level has been pretty predictable at a loss of ~1ppm per day. I have noticed a very slight increase of late which I attribute to more bathers and some rain. I tend to aim for a 4ppm range. Seems to be working so far.:cool:

cleancloths
08-06-2006, 03:30 PM
When I first got my pool I tested daily. Now that I have it eight years or so I know how it reacts to various conditions and generally only test once or twice a week, although I do add bleach more often than that based on weather, bathing load, temperature.