PDA

View Full Version : Just jumping in the mix here....

torsie
04-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Well, we are going to try to open our pool by ourselves this year.
I had the people that built the pool open it last year and it wasn't that bad at first but got really bad a couple weeks later. I'm hoping we can figure out what all they did when they closed it. There is a big piece of PVC pipe sticking in the hole in the skimmer not sure what else at this time til we start working on it.
I had to buy a new pleated seal for our Kreepy and boy was I surprised at the difference in prices at the different pool stores. From $68.00 to $90.00 to $101.00 ....amazing. I could have ordered one online but with high shipping and the wait decided to go for the cheapest one.
You all were so much help last year so I'm glad I can count on this forum to get my pool up to par again. I will be waiting on Ben's new test kit to ship later this month and will use my old stuff and hope for the best til then.
Has anyone found a cheap source for bleach this year? Seems it really took a jump over the winter...I guess the companies realized we were all going to be buying it again. haha

NWArkansas
17,300 inground gunite 11yr old pool 2nd summer for us.
New sand added to filter last year

aylad
04-14-2006, 10:50 PM
There's a thread on bleach prices in the "Chlorine" forum.....unfortunately, around here WalMart seems to be the best unless I can find it on sale at CVS.

Janet

chemicalbalance
04-21-2006, 08:54 PM
buy bleach at walmart in the strongest concentration you can get.