PDA

View Full Version : Is it dead?

aqua2730
08-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Hi all, I am a new house owner and therefore a new pool owner:) . We have an 18x18x4 round AG. We have mustard algae:eek: , I went to the local pool store and they gave me muriatic acid, yellow out and super shock. I did the acid, 2 bags of the super shock and 2.3 ounces of yellow out on day one. Day 2 was 2 more bags of super shock. It came back! So I am now on the household bleach method. I have added bleach and some acid. The water is crystal clear. I don't have my numbers is because my kit (drops with the tubes) does not go high enough to measure the Chlorine level. I know the Chlorine is super high! My question is how do I know the mustard algae is dead? It is not mustard colored it is now like a light brownish/black. I have vacuumed 1-2 times a day and the chlorine has been super high for 3 days now. I am wondering cause I can vacuum and then a few hours later I have stuff on the bottom again:mad: , but like I said it is not the same color it was at first. So does this mean I killed it and can start to level my numbers out or is it still living? Any help/tips is really appreciated! I know it would be easier if I had my numbers but if anyone can help without them or point me in the right direction??

Thank you,
Tiffany