PDA

View Full Version : Spring Start-Up Frustrations (long-winded vent)

raco189
04-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Okay so we started up our AGP about 4 weeks ago. I was loving it and looking very forward to starting to use it again this year. We had not had any real problems except a dead squirrel (Yuck!).

Anyway, I went out the other morning to check everything and noticed the filter sucking air. Well, my hose (the one from the skimmer to the filter) had a hole in it. I guess the winter was worse on it than I had anticipated. I was in frantic mode worried about getting algea and such. I have had a bad experience in this disaster in the past and didn't want to repeat it again.

So anyway, I went to the local pool store in town here. I have never gone to the pool store before my first trip actually. I have always been able to solve my issues with the help on this board. Anyway, I got to the local pool store and they were completely helpless. I was appalled. I can not believe these people have the audacity to treat their customers in a "who cares" fashion. I mean they are a business, and who supports your business but the customers? I can't believe people actually do business with them!! They made me feel like I was an idiot and didn't have a clue how to operate a pool. I was so frustrated and angry by the time I left.

My husband suggested I go to the local Lowe's store and look at the pool hoses they had and look for some PVC connections. Well, what an awesome experience I had there. The store staff was helpful and was able to help me rig up a hose that would work with my damaged one.

Well, we have the new hose hooked up and the pump is back in working order and I only lost one day of aeration of the water. Thank God!

Thanks to all the help on this board I may never need to go to the local pool store again!!!!

aylad
04-14-2006, 10:51 PM
That's the goal! :D