PDA

View Full Version : Liner too BIG

kimberdawns
04-14-2006, 01:04 AM
Well, We just started working on our above ground pool this weekend....we had ordered a new liner online and got a pretty good price for it....so when we started to install the liner, I noticed it seemed really big...so I asked my husband if he measured it right and he said that him and his brother measured it and it was 28 feet....well, I decided to measure it myself...so I measured and wouldnt you know it....24 feet:mad: :eek: ...they completely measured it wrong...I freaked out...I was so mad..we had already been working 3 days of our vacation to get this liner in and now it was wrong...so we called a local pool store and asked their advice...they told us that we could still use the liner...but we would have wrinkles and alot of extra liner over the edges that would have to be cut....so we did as they said...because we couldnt spend the shipping to send it back and start all over again..this pool has cost us way more than we expected...so anyways...we almost have it filled up and it seems ok...it just isnt as pretty....I was just wondering if anyone has ever had the same problem or maybe could give me any ideas of any future problems that could arise from the liner being too wrinkled...I know vaccuming it will be a pain....Sorry for rambling on so much....

~Kim

Watermom
04-14-2006, 08:28 AM
I'm not sure how many wrinkles you are talking about. In my pool, there are a few small wrinkles but with water in the pool, you don't notice them and they haven't been a problem with vacuuming. I, too, at first was really disappointed that my pool liner wasn't totally smooth, but really it hasn't been an issue at all. Enjoy your pool!

Watermom