PDA

View Full Version : It's official-I am a BBB convert!!

circlenranch
07-31-2006, 12:49 PM
First off, I just want to say thanks to Ben for creating the Pool Forum. This site has been a huge blessing!! :) Secondly, I want to thank all of the nice people on this site who help newbies like me with their pools! Before I converted to BBB I was using the Aqua Smarte System which is a mineral/chlorine auto chlorinator. It was very expensive to maintain and didn't keep my pool as clear as I wanted. I was battling algae/cloudy water with the Clarifier, Algecide and Shock cycle (repeatedly) to no avail. After an even greener pool and a dwindling wallet (not to mention a headache from pounding my head against the side of my pool :p), I found *trumpet sounds* The Pool Forum! I read about the BBB system and put it to the test! Needless to say, now my pool is crystal clear and so clean! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! :) :D :o

pool newby
07-31-2006, 02:38 PM
Let me be the first to officially welcome you to the fold. BBB is the greatest thing for pool owners since sliced bread.

Bob P.
pool newby

circlenranch
07-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Thanks pool newby! I couldn't agree more!!

GraceByDesign
07-31-2006, 02:50 PM
Glad it all worked out... what did you end up doing about the copper?

circlenranch
07-31-2006, 02:58 PM
Grace, all I did was take the mineral/chlorine cylinders totally out of the cycler and started doing the BBB. You could really tell the difference pretty quickly after adding the bleach. The cloudiness went away and the next day I just vacuumed the dead white algae off of the bottom. (at least I think it was dead white algae !?!) The water is now crystal clear, so maybe there wasn't enough "minerals" to pose any kind of problem.

GraceByDesign
07-31-2006, 03:00 PM
Then have fun swimming in your clean clear pool!! :D

circlenranch
07-31-2006, 03:03 PM
Thanks for all of your help Grace!!

GraceByDesign
07-31-2006, 03:51 PM
My pleasure! :cool:

(I have to live vicariously through other people's pools, while I wait, rather impatiently, for mine! :rolleyes: I do have 6 years of kiddie pool and Intex donut experience; wish I had found this place then!)

circlenranch
07-31-2006, 03:57 PM
Grace, what kind of pool are you going to get?

GraceByDesign
07-31-2006, 05:12 PM
Looking at AG Doughboy Sand Dollar II... prolly 21' round, 48" walls. Would love to have 16x28 or 16x32 oval, or even better, IG, but IG is WAAAY over our budget. We plan to be in this house for about 5-8 years or so, and do not want to blow the bank on a pool we might be leaving. We plan to deck all around the pool so it looks IG-ish, and from the road below looks like a huge deck. (I really do not love the look of AG pools from outside the pool.)
The 'package' includes a 22" sand filter, which is fine, and a 1 1/2 HP pump, which, I have deduced from reading here, MAY be too large for the filter. I think they are Hayward. When we decided 'next year, not right now' I sort of got sidetracked looking for info about Baqua, and found this forum. Needless to say, I will be doing BBB, I mean liquid chlorine ;) , right from the start, and not be listening to the Pool Dude on the Baqua issue! So I will need to do more research on matching pump size to filter size to pool, and find out exactly what comes in that package.
We will have to have the electrical done, and arrange for delivery of sand and water, but the rest of the install will be done through the pool store. We are DIY'ers, but we are kind of slow... it would prolly be summer of 2009 before we could swim! :rolleyes: I can be patient until next summer, but even that is pushing it! :D