PDA

View Full Version : Perplexing stain problem, but I think I'll get there with some help

2005phyllis
04-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Today I did the stain ID kit. None of the tests showed the result it discribed. I looked back at the iron and cobalt test later and saw maybe a little improvement. The test was to pour muritic acid wait 2-3 min and then pour the iron and cobalt powder over it. The second time I did it I used a little more muritic acid. The stain got a brighter orange after sprinkling the powder in. I let it sit for about 15 min then I brushed it with a stiff hand brush. The step looks pretty good now. But when I go to use the iron and cobalt stain treatment. How am I going to scrub the whole pool. How will I ever get the sides clean as it seems like the solution has to be very concentrated. What part did the muritic acid play with the test?

mbar
04-17-2006, 08:50 PM
What are the chemical levels of your pool? If you post your numbers, maybe I can answer some of the questions. One of the only things I can think of is Acid takes metal stain out - that is why it is important to have your ph low when doing a stain treatment. If you had a lot of chlorine, and high alkalinity, then the amount of stain treatment you were putting on may not had a chance to work before it got eatten up. This is just a thought, but with all of us thinking we should come up with some help!