PDA

View Full Version : Baqucil Green without converting! Is it time??

pulmom7
07-30-2006, 09:33 PM
Hey friends!
OK, I am a newbie, but I am going out on a limb and starting a thread. Here is the situation:

I have read off and on all day. Posted on another topic about conversion and watermom responded so quickly. SO thankful for that! I want to convert... the pool, after adding baqua clarifier last night. We had a terrible storm and now the water is a clear green. No kidding. The Ph is slightly low, but I have added increaser. All other levels test fine. I must admit, I got in and floated...high in the 90's today! Couldn't help myself

I am trying to hold out until opening next spring to convert. I cannot find any information anywhere about what I should do next with Baquacil. I still have clarifier, etc....but the guy around here that sells it doesn't have a clue.

Part of me wants to go grab as many cases of chlorine from Sam's as possible and go for it, but my hubby is not sure that is the way for us to go so late in the season. School starts in two weeks, so swimming season will mostly be weekends for the next 4 weeks or so before closing. We want to squeeze out what we can, even if green...if it is at least ok to be in....and incredibly sad but true, I cannot find any answers on what to do in the Baqucil line right now!

Just not sure what is best............conversion time or wait?
Many thanks! I am encouraged by what I have read...but truthfully? Scared after 12 years of softswim/sun non chlorine and now Baquacil!!

Do I just need faith to take the plunge...I mean it is green anyway!:confused:
Thanks ahead of time!

haze_1956
07-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Four weeks of swimming left.

Convert now and you should have 3 of those weeks of swimming in Clear water !!

Probably won't be any cheaper to do come Spring.

Just my opinion. :)

ILHoz
07-31-2006, 06:43 AM
It took my pool (27 AG 13500 gal) one week. My baqua levels were very high so it took me a little longer. Our pool has never looked cleaner. It sparkles!:)
I would make the change now, and enjoy your last few weeks of swim time in crystal clear water. (just my opinion)
Good luck!
Leslie

larry b
07-31-2006, 03:09 PM
am a baq guy for now, useing clairifer eats up your baq and youll have to spent lots of $$$ to get up to 30-50 on your test strips i wouldnt use that stuff, floc your pool is better to use, as far as green u have to get extra strong alge stuff put it in and brush your walls, on baq u have to stay ahead of everything when i take my solar cover off in the morn, i pray its not going to milkly haze, so far so good,have to add 2 inches of water tonigh as temps are 95-100 for the next 2 days will have to add chemicals to the pool after i get the water tested more $$$ on baq, baq and sanitizer they really got u on this stuff 28ft av pool ,on chorine when u guys add 2 inches of water what do u have to do?? i bet its a lot easyer.

pulmom7
07-31-2006, 06:59 PM
I went back to a store had not been to in a while. They sell sun products, and she was a doll. I knew I had copper...so had to get something to remove it. Clarifier virtually non existant, but added what I already had from Baq. She said that switching to chlorine was a great idea in her opinion and that every non chlorine customer she had currently had green water. Could be many reasons, but one is the horrible rain we had last Friday.

At any rate, only two full swimming weeks left and after that maybe a couple of weekends. I will convert in the spring, not even going to worry about putting anything in when we close..we will just get through this summer!

She did say that after I added everything needed we could swim in the afternoon, green but clean! With temps in the 100 range, and hubby on vacation, the pool is a must! We are going to try to hang on, if we can stand it! I am in frustration saturation mode right now!

aylad
08-01-2006, 06:15 PM
If it's green, it's not clean...I wouldn't swim in it!

janet

pulmom7
08-02-2006, 11:05 PM
I cannot believe it. Our pool is almost completely clear. We came home to convert today and it was unbelievable! We backwashed the filter and we were amazed at the crud coming out. So, looks like we are going to hold off...at least while it is clear.

The pool gal was very helpful in our conversion process. She printed out a sheet and everything. I was impressed because they make a whole lot more money on us being non-chlorine! She even said that if we convert in the pool forum way to come in when we were ready to work on Ph, etc. This has never happened before....they always try to convince us to stay with it!

:rolleyes: I may be writing in a couple of days to tell a diff story, but for now at least...we might make it until the end of Aug.

The question needs to be asked, do we just cover the pool at the end of season and mess with it all in the spring..or would anyone recommend doing something else? Thanks for all your comments.

larry b....added the floc and I think that is what did the trick! thanks for the tip!

haze_1956
08-03-2006, 07:12 AM
on chorine when u guys add 2 inches of water what do u have to do?? i bet its a lot easyer.

I have chlorinated city water, so I just add water and roll the hose back up.

But that does make me wonder if adding chlorinated city water to a baq pool causes a green water effect ( smaller scale of conversion ) ?