PDA

View Full Version : which liner would you go with, overlap, uni-bead, or true bead?

daltrey
07-30-2006, 01:38 AM
Those are my choices. I'm planning on installing this pool myself. Which one should i go with?

thanks

Watermom
07-30-2006, 07:24 AM
I think overlap is going to be the easiest to install yourself. It is a lot more forgiving if things aren't just perfectly lined up. I would never try to do one of the other types as a DIY project. Just my opinion.

sevver
07-30-2006, 09:31 AM
I have used both, and the second time I put up my pool at the new house I chose to go the overlap route. The pool store sold me on the j channel one the first time, but I think it is easier to use the overlap one for sure.

hrsdennis
07-30-2006, 11:47 PM
The only reason you would ever want a liner other than an overlap is if you planned on covering the top rail with a deck. I you know ahead of time that you top railing will not be able to be removed for liner changes, go with a beaded liner. If not, overhang is by far the best way to go.

Best of luck, Dennis

NWMNMom
08-02-2006, 08:15 PM
We went with the J Hook but thats because it was the same price and had a very pretty design. If that design was available in overlap, would have gone there. Ours was very easy to install without an wrinkles or folds but I guess we were lucky because I hear a lot of people have issues with anthing other than overlap. I think the Pool Gods were just allowing us some glimpse of Heaven since the start of the yard prep, digging and install was Hell.