PDA

View Full Version : We have a pool!!!!

Trimom
07-29-2006, 09:30 PM
YEAH!!! We have a pool!

The install was a nightmare. If I could time travel, I would go back and not do the pool myself. Everything was 100x harder, and 100x longer than I expected. But on the other hand, we have a well built pool, and we saved some considerable bucks.

Here's the story of my installation:

Thursday evening 7:00 pm

The pool site is ready to go, rails are waiting to be layed, sand is in middle of pool - we are ready. 4 guys come to help, a babysitter is watching the kids, There are 6 of us to do this pool install

Thursday evening 10:45 pm

The sand is more evenly distributed, and the wall JUST got up, the 4 guys leave, the kiddies are in bed. I don't know why this took almost 4 hrs.

Hubby and I start leveling sand.

Friday morning 5:00 am

The sand is level - We are exhusted, sand burned, and sore

Friday morning 6:00 am

The 10 month old wakes up - Hubby takes a vacation day I get up the the kids.

Friday morning 8:00 am
The 20% chance of light rain turns into and 80% chance of thunderstorms - Time to get moving on the pool
I spread out the liner, and start duct taping it to the wall, have a duct tape problem, will not stick. I leave the pool site for 10 minutes to find the Gorrilla tape, walk back in the back yard - THE WALL HAS FALLEN OVER!

Hubby and I get the wall back up, back in track, and there seems to be only small bends that I think will push out when the water fills

We return to putting in the liner - then the 20 mph wind gusts start.
THE WALL FALLS OVER AGAIN - same process no major damage.

More wind - THE WALL FALL OVER YET AGAIN - by the grace of God - no major damage.

The biggest problem, the perfectly level sand is now full of footprints

We finally get the liner intstalled and put 1" of water in it. I spend the next 4 hours smoothing the bottom. All of the large, and most of the medium footprints were smoothed out in this process.

It rains almost 2 inches overnight

We have about 1 1/2 ' of water in the pool right now. I just measured down from each vertical - dead on for 21 of them 1/4 " low on 1.

I can't believe we survived this install!

hrsdennis
07-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Trimom, I thought I learned you better than that. Never leave a wall unsupported. You have the rods or the pool uprights and top rails to work with.

Anyway, I am so glad it is up and filling. And level.

When do we get to see the photos?

Later, Dennis