PDA

View Full Version : Hi. My name is Kath and I like to clean my pool.

kathgilliam
07-29-2006, 09:05 PM
I must be sick, but I enjoy cleaning my pool. I start by dumping the skimmers and the polaris bag, then I brush the sides from outside the pool. I get in and brush the bottom. My pool gets deep quickly, so I get on a jumbo noodle and ride it like a bike. (TMI?) When I need leverage I put my feet against the opposite wall of the one I'm brushing. Finally, I ride my noodle bike all around the pool, skimming. It's amazing to me how clean and sparkly the water looks after skimming, it really makes a big difference! I like to do it about 2:00 in the afternoon when it's hot...it only takes about half an hour, and it's such a nice break from work. hehe

K

KurtV
07-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Aaaaall rightee then.

:)

CarlD
07-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Then you should go into the biz!

IMherDad
07-29-2006, 09:30 PM
I was trying to get a mental image. Ummmmmmmmm ..... I'd better stop.

waterbear
07-29-2006, 10:17 PM
You can come to my house ANY day and clean mine if you like it so much!:D

joliecharlie
07-29-2006, 11:18 PM
Sounds like you are a great multi-tasker...cleaning, exercising and working on that tan all at once.

Dr. Spike
07-30-2006, 12:00 AM
Hi Kath! Welcome to PCA!

:D Sounds like you made cleaning fun.

Hmm... that can't be right, cleaning isn't supposed to be fun. :p

KirstenHW
07-30-2006, 10:04 AM
Honestly, Kath, I like it too. It only gets hard to vac at opening. After that, maybe 1-2x a week. I find it a meditative process. The worst part is getting the hose free of air and into the wall vac line. And that is only a few minutes of slightly decreased suction.

Doing it myself takes so little time 0 I just can't justify springing for a $1200 robot just yet. Maybe once I have kids I'll feel differently. I may spring for a PoolBuster if I find a deal - that way I can get the stuff off the top stair and top rung of the ladder and do spot cleaning.

Happy Sunday, all - stay cool.

sevver
07-30-2006, 10:18 AM
I don't know about getting the air out of the hose, I don't find it hard. I put the end of the hose on the vacuum, and then I just start at that end and push the hose straight down into the water towards the vacuum. As it goes under water, the air is pushed out as the water comes in where the vacuum is, once it is all under water, all of the air is out of it.

I also like to clean the pool, I probably don't brush it as much as I should, but it is nice to have it all sparkly with the bottom all clean. I usually have to spend 20 minutes or so picking up all of the small pool toys on the bottome first. I am very neat, and that stuff drives me completely bonkers, I like a pristene pool, sparkling, inviting, and nothing on the bottom. I am getting back into the swing of things so I can't wait to get started again after my eye injury. I may vac the pool today. :D

jenpen400
07-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Yes this forum has made me a fanatic When I was a kid if we could see the bottom the pool was good. Now I put DE in may sand filter to polish the water because well it's perfect. Hmm next week we can add some salt. While hubby watches the kids I skim and clean the baskets. Its therapy.

jennifer

CanuckPool
07-30-2006, 11:43 PM
a webcam, website and 9.99 a month... i can see it now!!