PDA

View Full Version : Should I drain? We got 6" in 90 minutes

gonefishin
07-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Just the other day we got 6" of rain in 90 minutes. The water was pouring out of the top of the skimmer...now it's at the very top. Should we drain some?

what a lot of rain!

take care,
dan

CarlD
07-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Clean water? Just add bleach and drain it off to the level you want. I NEVER worry about rainwater--just add bleach after.

sevver
07-28-2006, 07:55 PM
Rainwater never seems to affect my pool at all, I just make sure to put a bit more bleach than normal in afterwards and everything seems to be okay. That was some storm the other day. Tornado warnings, flash flood warnings and lots of lightning.

gonefishin
07-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the replies...

I already dropped in some bleach. The yard is currently torn apart (no sod) and I'd like to hold off draining some of the pool while the current flood has some more time to soak into the ground. Sounds like I should be fine waiting a little while.

thanks,
dan

matt4x4
08-10-2006, 07:38 AM
If you're that full, your skimming action won't work well, but you really don't need to drain, I live in the country, we're on a well, so I hold on to every raindrop I can get into the pool - this summer, it was very dry at first, I had to order a water truck once, of course, since then it's rained frequently, and when it does, my pool instantly overflows.
For the last month, I haven't been any lower than 1/4 down from the top of the skimmer. I use the leaf net to eliminate the few bugs etc that get in when the solar cover is off.