PDA

View Full Version : Moderators' Day Off

CarlD
07-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Poconos and Watermom just left my house after a wonderful afternoon and dinner.

They arrived around 2. My wife and older kid had gone off to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean... flick and I and the little one stayed home.

The weather cooperated so we were able to sit outside under the BIG umbrella, listening to music, having cool drinks and talking. I had never met Al or Lisa before so it was a great pleasure just to sit and talk with them.

Naturally, they wanted to see my pool. I had made sure to get the frogs, snakes, spiders, worms and other assorted contaminants out--and changed the green water for clear.....not really, my water was clean and fine.

It seemed cool since it had been SO warm--down to 85-87 degrees from the 90-96 it had been. Naturally we all got in. And stayed in, and stayed in....

We did the easy way--Olive Garden takeout so everyone got what they wanted, and dined al fresco on the back porch.

It was a wonderful day, I and my family got to meet Poconos and Watermom, and we all had a wonderful time. The only thing missing was aylad couldn't make it--she and her DH had a previous date, so I'm sure they had a wonderful weekend as well.

Maybe next time!

debs_pool
07-23-2006, 10:27 PM
FOOD, FELLOWSHIP, AND FUN ... you all deserve it ... and a lot more! Glad to hear you all had a wonderful time. And OLIVE GARDEN ... how delicious! A great big THANK YOU TO ALL THE MODERATORS FOR ALL YOU DO!

tenax
07-23-2006, 10:53 PM
sounds like it was a wonderful day for you..that's what pools are about..the center of companionship and fun..this is the first year that i've treated my pool like it isn't just a hassle and money sinkhole..ironically enough, i've spent about 3K this summer to get it to the point where it will be hassle free, more efficient, etc etc. it's also the first year where when i see people in it, like my wife and one of her best friend's who drove into town to spend the day with her, that i smile and just enjoy the luxury of being able to have a swimming pool. does a heart good..just had to get head out of it and my heart into it:)

mbar
07-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Glad you all had a great day - I live in northeast pa and it was perfect weather here. Thanks to all of you mods who taught us about pools!

Poconos
07-24-2006, 09:51 AM
This was an opportunity that doesn't occur too often. We've been on the forum for a number of years together and it was about time we met. We sure wish Jan and Ben could have been here too. Then the whole 'family' could have been together. It was a great afternoon and evening and I thank Carl and Sheryl for their great hospitality.
Al
PS-1: Do you think we might have talked about pools?
PS-2: Lisa can't respond because she's 'dryvin' home to Charleston right now.

NWMNMom
07-24-2006, 03:55 PM
We should have all pitched in and sprung for the dinner to repay all the kind assistance you guys give us....Glad you got to enjoy!

medvampire
07-25-2006, 01:46 AM
I agree about us picking up the tab. I have learned so much here. Hey how about a convention? :D I can see http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/3475/poolconbk9.th.jpg (http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=poolconbk9.jpg) in the future.
Steve

CarlD
07-25-2006, 06:53 AM
Nah. That would make it compensation--pay.

And that would make it WORK!:( :eek: :mad:

We do this for fun.

But thanks for the thought.

However, it's ALWAYS appropriate to bring beer or buy the drinks!:D

Poconos
07-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Compensation would make us feel obligated and take away the FUN. I like the BEER idea though. We did have a ball even though the get together was spur-of-the-moment kind of. We actually kicked around getting together in Chattanooga about a year ago but the logistics are tough.
Al