PDA

View Full Version : Jandy stain remover

Guido
07-20-2006, 07:46 AM
Hi All,

Did anybody has used the Jandy stain remover before?

http://www.jandy.com/html/products/cleaners/stainremover.php (http://www.jandy.com/html/products/cleaners/stainremover.php)

I have a couple of stains in my pool which I can’t get brushed off and I was thinking to use acid to get them off the plaster. I saw the Jandy stain remover and the idea sounds good to me. I just don’t know if it really works.:confused:

Guido

Guido
07-24-2006, 07:27 AM
Ok I got this thing and it works pretty good after you have it all set up you just put it over the stain turn it around. The Acid flows right on top of the stain and you can see the yellow color when the Acid starts reacting.

Well the problem is I can't get the stains of the plaster. The stains are brown and some are dark nearly black. I tried Vitamin C, Chlorine and Acid with not success. All with direct applying the stuff on to the stain.

Does anybody has an idea what else I can try?

Guido

mbar
07-24-2006, 09:29 AM
If you post all of your chemistry, it will be easier to help you. Also post where you fill water came from (well, city water) and if you know if you have any metal in your water. Post:
Free Chlorine
Combined Chlorine
Total Chlorine
Ph
Alkalinity
Calcium
Cya (stabalizer)
size, (gallons) of pool, filter, and you have a plaster pool.

Thanks, we can help you better if we can see what is going on with the water.

Guido
07-25-2006, 06:49 AM
Hi Marie,

I have a 22 000 gallon plaster pool which was finished last year in November. Cartridge filter with SWG. My #’s taken with Ben’s kit are below.

CYA 60
PH 7.5
TC 4
FC 4
CC 0
TA 90
Hardness 260-270
Salt 3000 -3200
Temperature 85

We filled the pool from city water delivered by truck. I have never tested the water for Copper or Iron. But I can have it tetsted on the weekend.

I noticed that the brown color of the stains look very similar to the clay which we have here in VA. So I was hoping the stains are just dirt and go away with Acid or a good brush. But they don’t. I applied the acid for around 10 to 15 sec as I don’t know how much the plaster can take.

Thx for any hint you can give me.

Guido

Guido
07-31-2006, 08:28 AM
I had the water tested for Metals over the weekend and I have 0.2 Iron in the water nothing else.

Is this an indication that my stains are most likely organic?

I placed a chlorine stick onto the stains for around one hour and I can’t see any changes in the color.

mbar
08-01-2006, 09:30 PM
If all those things didn't work, then I would get in touch with the company that put in the pool - maybe something with the plaster - They would probably be able to help you out. There is also a stain kit by Jack's Magic that helps to identify stains. My opinion since your pool is new is to get in touch with the contractor and ask his opinion.

Guido
08-03-2006, 06:22 AM
Thx a lot Mbar,

I dived down to the stains for a very close look and it looks like that the something is coming trough the plaster. I also saw 2 spots were the plaster has holes which appear to me as if there are leaves under the plaster. I called the builder and he promised me to come out to inspect the plaster. (Sure the question is when)
Well we will see what happens.

Again thx a lot for your help.