PDA

View Full Version : newbie QUESTION

rnjng
07-18-2006, 07:01 PM
We haven't been able to run our pump in the past 2 weeks. the first week the water was pretty clear, better than I expected. and the sencond week, it started to look green, as I expected. And kknow, within the past 2 days the water is clear, no problem seeing the bottom, but there are some green, well look like green patches of fuzz( i guess, not sure how to explain) on the bottom of the pool, what is it???

geordie
07-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Green fuzz in uncirculated water is algae.

rnjng
07-19-2006, 08:19 AM
YIKES! what should I do??? can I vac. 1st, or should I shock tills it dead and then vac.?

rnjng
07-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Also, why is the water clear...is that normal? Does algea cause water to turn green, then settle at bottom and then water clears???

aylad
07-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Shock it 'til it's dead and then vacuum. And then make sure you're keeping adequate Cl levels in the pool so it doesn't come back.

Janet

geordie
07-19-2006, 06:43 PM
Is your pump running now? When you start to circulate your water I expect it will turn quite green. Either way, follow Janet's advice and shock it. Go over the algae thread and do some reading, or the chlorine thread to see the multiple questions and responses about how to completely kill the algae. If you want specific advice for your pool you need to post test results and basic information about your pool so people can help. Good luck :-)

rnjng
07-19-2006, 07:33 PM
yeah, I haven't had a chance to test water yet. but I know he levels are scary low. but I need to start the pump andstart the bbb method, but 1st need more bleach, tks!!!