PDA

View Full Version : loop loc prices

csamra
07-18-2006, 11:49 AM
got a quote today for a loop loc cover - around $2500.

seems kinda high. it was for the solid cover w/mesh flap for drainage.

my pool is a 16x32 jewel (oval) 1 stair case in - no diving board.

any input?

thanks

csamra
07-18-2006, 12:02 PM
actually its a cover-lon cover, solid 5x5 w/mesh flap.

JohnT
07-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Is that an installed price? I installed my own Loop-Loc mesh. Got the cover for about $1275 shipped for a 20'X36' grecian.

csamra
07-18-2006, 01:05 PM
yes - that is for the installed price. they come in and do all the drilling into the concrete for the anchors, etc...............is it high? i also have a water fall that hangs over the coping, so it has to be custom made for the right fit.

thanks again

JimSentry
07-18-2006, 01:19 PM
I have a 16x32 vinyl with 8ft walkout steps. Paid $750 installed for it, several years.

Have'nt used it in years and would like to sell it for $75.00.

JohnT
07-18-2006, 01:26 PM
yes - that is for the installed price. they come in and do all the drilling into the concrete for the anchors, etc...............is it high? i also have a water fall that hangs over the coping, so it has to be custom made for the right fit.

thanks again

Your waterfall probably adds significantly to the cost. The installation shouldn't take but a few hours for somebody experienced.

chrisexv6
07-19-2006, 09:49 AM
When I was looking at safety covers I was getting quotes around that same price. What irked me was that I had paid that much to get a new liner installed, then the liner company wanted the same amount for a cover.

I ordered the cover custom-sized from poolsinc.com (Meyco, not Loop-Loc, but they are the same price and at the time I was hearing better things about Meyco vs. Loop Loc). Took a whole afternoon, but installed all 26 anchors myself (well, with a helper). Cover looks and works great, and I only paid for the cover and a Hilti bit (cover was like 890 shipped for a 16x34 grecian, another 40 for the bit). If you dont mind the work in drilling (and arent afraid of some sorta heavy duty power tools), its actually not that hard to do. The cover even comes with instructions which are pretty simple in their own right.

-Chris

JohnT
07-19-2006, 10:19 AM
If you dont mind the work in drilling (and arent afraid of some sorta heavy duty power tools), its actually not that hard to do. The cover even comes with instructions which are pretty simple in their own right.

-Chris

I'll second what Chris says, it's not that big a deal to install. Trying it without a decent hammer drill will wear you out though.

csamra
07-19-2006, 02:14 PM
thanks for the helpful input

chrisexv6
07-20-2006, 08:01 AM
Yes definitely rent a good hammer drill (not a regular drill that can function as a hammer drill, you want something like a Hilti actual hammer drill).

To make things a little easier we piloted the holes with a regular heavy duty 1/2" drill and a masonry bit. Then we finished off the final diameter of the holes with the Hilti. Honestly the Hilti probably could have taken the whole thing on by itself, I just wanted to prevent needing more than one 40.00 bit :)

-Chris