PDA

View Full Version : Best Vacuum for Sand Pickup

gverntz3
07-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Have the Polaris 360 w/extra fine bag, but was curious if pressure cleaning is the best way to pick up beach sand. Most of my dirt is sand since I live 2 blocks from the beach, but my backyard is all deck lumber, so the sand is coming from the air. I find that I need to take apart the cleaner about 2-3 times per season, because the wheels stop moving (sand is jamping the gears). Should I switch to suction cleaner or what is the best automatic cleaner(s) for sand pickup? Txs Gary (Seaside Park, NJ)

mas985
07-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Usually, suction side cleaners work best for fine dirt and sand since it uses your filter to remove the dirt. However, they are less attractive for pools with lots of leaves although separate leaf baskets can be used.

Robotics usually have pretty good filters so these would work as well and don't require a change of plumbing.

gverntz3
07-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Could anybody recommend a good quality suction side cleaner for sand pickup?

Pool_Mike
07-19-2006, 09:29 AM
I saw the G4 or Polaris 150. At least from my research on how these suction side cleaners work.

I will be getting the 150 when my pool is complete.

mas985
07-19-2006, 11:35 AM
I have the pool cleaner which seems to work pretty well and needs less suction than some of the others. It climbs walls pretty well too.

www.thepoolcleaner.com