PDA

View Full Version : Heater backorder???

Jeffski
07-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Quick update on our construction just so you know where we are in the process. The pool is installed and full of water and they backfilled with sand yesterday. We are now just waiting for the cement at which time they will pour the pad for the pump, filter, heater, etc.

The problem: My builder told me two days ago that he can't get us the heater he normally uses. I guess there is a backorder on them. So he recommended last years model which is a bit cheaper and has two differences, 1) it has a pilot light which you manually light instead of the self igniting ones, 2) it has a temp dial instead of a digital readout.

I told him "no way" I didn't want older technology on my brand new pool and asked him to check and see if he could get me the next model up instead of the next model down. Yes, I am willing to pay a bit more to get better stuff than pay less for the old stuff.

Now, here is what I am wondering. Has anyone out there in the biz heard of this type of backorder? How hard can it be to order a heater? The brochure I have says I'm suppposed to be getting a Pentair MiniMax NT Heater.

What do you think? What would you do?

johnm92627
07-18-2006, 02:19 PM
The MiniMax NT will probably if not already be discontinued. You want the new MasterTemp on Pentair's website at www.pentairpool.com The MiniMax has given them problems. I just ordered the new MasterTemp and they told me it was in stock. The inside is supposed to be the same as the Sta-Rite which most people have said good things about.
John..

Jeffski
07-18-2006, 04:21 PM
That's good to know. Thank you.

cruzmisl
07-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Order your own (via internet) since he can't supply it. It will be faster, cheaper and better. I chose a Sta-Rite and have been really happy with it so far.

Big_D
07-19-2006, 12:48 PM
I have a new Master temp received about 5-6 weeks ago. The MinMax had some issues but not sure what they were. I waited for about 4 weeks until the new heater was released. I was told by the Sta Rite / Pentair rep the Master Temp is a more efficient model than the Min Max but I did not get the details. The Master Temp 400K is available from Pentair now.