PDA

View Full Version : floater getting stuck in skimmer

denanbob
07-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Without fail, if I leave the chlorine floater in the pool with the filter on, it gets stuck at the skimmer opening and then my return shoots out bubbles. Any advice? Also, incase anyone asks, I'm using the pucks in the floater to get some CYA in my new pool. Thanks!!

waste
07-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Tether it in front of a return, it'll speed up the dissolution (cl and cya increase) and keep the little bugger out of the skimmer. Be careful not to let it 'sleep' near any metal fixtures (ladders/ handrails that are in the water) as the high doses of cl will harm the metal. If you need more info, just ask :) - Waste

geordie
07-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Try adjusting the angle of your return eyeball. You may have to monkey with it a bit to find the spot that will get the floater circulating further away from the outside edge of the pool. If you have a two stage pump you can try running it on the lower setting.

sevver
07-17-2006, 08:07 PM
if you point the return towards the skimmer it may stop the floater from going in there.

denanbob
07-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Thanks everyone! I will try to tether it. I thought it was supposed to float all over the pool to evenly distribute the chlorine, but if I put it near the return, I guess that is just the same as having an automatic chlorinator, right? Thanks again!