PDA

View Full Version : To remove or not to remove metals

surfacefeeder
07-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Hello

I am in the process of converting from baqacil to chlorine. I have been vacuming to waste and now I have to add water. My water is from my well and full of metals. I fiqure I am over half way through the conversion process. When should I add the metal magic now or when I am done with the conversion. And what should I expect to happen when I add it.

Thanks
Chris

gerri
07-16-2006, 07:40 PM
I add a sequestering agent (metal magic, etc.) with every addition of water to prevent staining. What kind of pool do you have? Mine is fiberglass and stains easily with metals. If you know you have metals you need to add a dose with the water you are adding. Mbar can give more info than me, everything I know I learned here. :)

surfacefeeder
07-16-2006, 07:52 PM
I know I have to add it. Just wondering if its better to add it now or when the conversion is done or maybe it doesnt matter. Thought I would ask first better safe then sorry. I have a 27 ft agp.

waterbear
07-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Add it now, the presence of metals in the water can cause the water to color and will consume some of the chlorine you are putting in to kill the biguinde. Keep adding sequesterant with each new refill of water.