PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Sprocket
07-15-2006, 10:11 PM
:) Just signed up after reading late last night and more today . This forum is really getting me up to speed .

Had a algae problem that was driving me a bit crazy . What with reading past posts I think I have handle on the problem atm . Need a better test kit , gonna order one asap , only have the 6 way kit from Walmart atm .

I read that you can test to higher lvl's for FC with a shot glass but it went over my head I guess . If anyone could explain that better I would sure appreciate it . Other than that I'm good for now .

EDIT:To get a better indication until Ben's kit arrives, get some distilled water.

Make a 50/50 mix of distilled water and pool water, put that in the test vial and run the test as instructed. Then if you get a color in the test range, multiply the result by 2.

If you still get an orange Over Max reading then change the dillution to 3 parts distilled to 1 part pool water. Multiply the result by 3.

Should have read just a bit more I guess , I understand it now , thanks again .

Thanks again for having this here for us newbies to learn from :)

Sprocket

Sprocket
07-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Chemistry
FC= 4
CC= ?
TC= ?
alk= 190
pH= 7.2
CYA= 47
temp= 85

24' round x 52" high AG pool , hayward sand filter

Talor water test kit otw here , should be tomorrow . Sta-Rite Great White - above ground p/n GW8000 orderd be here soon also .

Water after "shocking" with bleach all weekend and "brushing , and more brushing" taking the solar cover off , taking out the steps and really cleaning them , is now crystal clear tonight , no "green" spot in the sand bubbles on the bottom of pool at all , woo hooo .

After checking FC used the beach calulator to bring it up to 6 , called for 1/2 gal Ultra :) at 99 cents a 3 quart bottle from Save a Lot . I really apprecite all the work that went into this site . Next time I will have time to order one of Ben's water test kits .

Gonna check later how to lower the TA .

cheers
Sprocket

gonefishin
07-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Welcome to the poolsolutions website :)

It sounds like your on the right track...

I, like you, have found this website so helpful in owning a pool. I feel as though I'm off to a great start...but I also find comfort in knowing that should/when problems arise...I've got a wonderful resource here of knowledge and experience. But until that day comes...I'll just continue to try and stay ahead of any problems.

welcome :D

dan

Sprocket
07-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks gonefishing <S>

Well trying to use up my pucks in my new auto release super duper puck holder I got the damn CYA up to 79 already :( . Needless to say I dumped all them out and not using them anymore .

FC 13
CC .5
TC 13.5
PH 7.4
TA 190

I got some very light green showing on the water temp cord lale last night . So raised TC to 13 right off and started to 24/7 filter again . I ain't never shuting it off again till I winterize it this fall .

I "think" I got ahead of the green this time thanks to this site .

NO MORE CYA PRODUCTS .

Sure wish they had one puck that had NO CYA in it :(

I got a hell of a lot of beach stored in the garage now lmao and 35 lbs of pucks left and can't use them .

cheers
Sprocket