PDA

View Full Version : Is this the life, or What!

CarlD
07-14-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm sitting here with my wireless 2.8 lb VAIO laptop, on my deck, by the pool in a new cushioned armchair. In front of me is an outdoor coffee table that in the center has a small fire pit--good for heat on cooler evenings or roasting marshmellows. Tonight, though, there are just a couple of cintronella candles burning in it, where they can't be knocked over.

There isn't a cloud in the sky (Wow! THAT'S been a lot of weeks) and there's no moon so the stars are twinkling. I hear water trickling back in the swale, and the night-callers are there but just softly--like elevator music, only better.

Even though I'm stuck with a heavy cold :( the moist air is giving me some relief--better than the A/C!

To sooth my throat I have a glass of 15 year old aged Martinique rum that's smooth as fine cognac, but a lot more exotic!

Does it get any better than this?

MaryLee
07-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Um, that would be "NO"!!!

Enjoy!!! Hope you feel better soon too!!

GraceByDesign
07-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Can we come over and play??? :D ;)

waterbear
07-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Carl,
About the only thing I could think of that would make it better would be to have a winning grand prize lottery ticket in my pocket!:D

VOLDADDY
07-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Maybe if the Hawaiian Tropic bikini team bus broke down in front of your house, and you had about 20 new friends join you for a swim?

JETTA
07-15-2006, 10:38 AM
The one thing I enjoy is the wireless internet. I upgraded to a all in one Motorola modem / wireless router.

I can work from home outside by the pool, the sunroom or lounge on some patio furniture. That is nice!

matt4x4
07-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Sorry Jetta - gotta disagree - probably because my work life IS computers, I feel they should stay at work - I have absolutely NO use for anything computer related - especially wireless around my house. I keep minimal equipmet at home to allow me to remotely run things in case I'm ever sick, but i will NOT go to the point of making it available all over my house/yard - this would just make it way to easy to actually work when you're supposed to be sick!
A great thing that developed from this is that my wife and i can both attest that we have a child (a great child at that), and not just some MSN identity on our PC that for some reason keeps blue screening the system!

ChuckD
07-17-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm sitting here with my wireless 2.8 lb VAIO laptop, on my deck, by the pool in a new cushioned armchair. In front of me is an outdoor coffee table that in the center has a small fire pit--good for heat on cooler evenings or roasting marshmellows. Tonight, though, there are just a couple of cintronella candles burning in it, where they can't be knocked over.

There isn't a cloud in the sky (Wow! THAT'S been a lot of weeks) and there's no moon so the stars are twinkling. I hear water trickling back in the swale, and the night-callers are there but just softly--like elevator music, only better.

Even though I'm stuck with a heavy cold :( the moist air is giving me some relief--better than the A/C!

To sooth my throat I have a glass of 15 year old aged Martinique rum that's smooth as fine cognac, but a lot more exotic!

Does it get any better than this?

Later that evening I was also out (albeit with no internet) by the pool. Being out in the Boonies we're serenaded by all kinds of things, and that evening it was a pack of yapping coyotes one field over. Must've been the moon.

C.

medvampire
07-19-2006, 02:23 AM
Sunday was my day to think the same. Laying in the sun on a float(I work nights) smell the hickory smoke comeing off the smoker,and a splash from the kids cannon balling in the pool. Life is good untill .... well untill monday nights fire (http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=4364).
Steve